Archive for June, 2015
1. Create the Office 365 click-to-run package for local deployment.
- Download the Office Deployment Tool http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36778 and extract this download to a folder.
- Edit from the extracted folder the configuration.xml file
- configuration.xml syntax can be found at https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219426(v=office.15).
<Add SourcePath=”D:\Office\O365ClickToRun\Download” OfficeClientEdition=”32″ >
<Language ID=”en-us” />
<!– <Updates Enabled=”TRUE” UpdatePath=”\\Server\Share\Office\” /> –>
<Display Level=”None” AcceptEULA=”TRUE” />
<Logging Name=”OfficeSetup.txt” Path=”%temp%” />
<Property Name=”AUTOACTIVATE” Value=”1″ />
- Run from an elevated CMD prompt :
- setup /download configuration.xml
- This wil download all of the click-to-run components to the specified folder.
- When the download is finished there will be a number of cabinet files in the folder
- It’s easy to create an App-V 5 package which can be deployed using System Center Configuration Manager 2012
To create thsi App-V package run the following command :
- setup /packager configuration.xml s:\office\O365clicktorun\Appv5
- Now the App-V 5 package will be created in the specified folder.
This package can be used by your SCCM server
If there are any issues or erros deploying this package via SCCM you can check this : http://mieffel.noonkief.nl/?p=853
Office 365 Appv error “The software change returned error code 0x87D0128F (-2016406897).”
The 1st issue was that Powershell 3 didn’t execute PS scripts.
I fixed it with running PS :
After this was fixed I received some “embedded scripting not allowed” error
Add-AppvClientPackage : Operation failed. An embedded script is defined for this operation in this package and
rollback on error is set to true in script definition, but this script cannot not be run because embedded scripting is
disabled for this client. Please either enable embedded scripting for this client (to run the script), or modify the
script defintion for this package to set rollback on error to false (in which case the script will be still disabled
Operation attempted: Configure AppV Package
After some research it turns out that there is a reg value that can be changed.
reg value : EnablePackageScripts
This is default set to 0
I’changed to 1
Now I can isntall the Appv Office 365 pro plus package.
The Skype for business client crashes when using a Logitech C920.
1. update Logitech drivers
2. uninstall Citrix receiver
3. Skype for business now works
After this I installed the latest version of the Citrix receiver.